Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Boomer Succumbs to Keebler Fudge Stripe Cookies

I haven't even made it through an entire day by myself yet and already I've succumbed to poor dietary habits.  

Went to Target to pick up just a couple of things.  Like all good Target shoppers, I ended with a basketful, including Keebler Fudge Stripe Cookies.  I've already eaten half the package.  Also picked up a little bean dip, chips, and pretzels (the nod to health).  I replaced the package of ice cream mix that I considered for my ice cream maker, so I wasn't completely without willpower.  

At least 5 Target employees asked if they could help me find something.  Did I look lost or is it a sign of the economic times at Target?     When I mentioned to the checkout man that I'd only planned to buy 3 things, he said something like "necessity brings you in and want fills the basket"..only it was a lot more scripted than that.  Made me wonder what they're teaching their people.     While it was true, it didn't seem an appropriate thing for an employee to tell me they know if they can just get me into the store, I'll buy things I don't need.

But the cookies are sure good.

No comments:

Post a Comment